Friday, June 1, 2012

Field Tripping

I recently took a trip south the border of the OC and into San Diego. For what other reason than to visit the San Diego Zoo!
Feeling so tropical.
Having cancer has made me realize that I can still go out and have fun! Given the fact that I only started one cycle, I'm still more energetic than what I presume will be in following months. So, the San Diego Zoo was the perfect idea in my mind. Exotic animals, plant life, a best friend, and warm weather...could it get any better?
The polar bear looks cool as a cucumber.
Driving to the zoo was incredibly easy. Traffic was light and that was probably due to the fact that it was a Wednesday morning.
Pandas are just so cute!
Being at the zoo makes me feel like a kid. Viewing all these animals, reptiles and birds gets me so giddy. Its hard not to jump up and down for certain animals.
Beautiful elephants.
 The zoo was not crowded even with the fact that there was a field trip going on with elementary kids. There was a tour bus taking those around the zoo. I opted out because why go to a zoo if all you're going to do is have someone drive you around? I really wanted to get up close and view these animals! All in all, a great time was had.
Sexy tiger.
Even with all this walking, I did not feel tired. Chemo is said to drain a person's energy. I'm sure I'll feel more tired in a couple of months into chemo which is why I'm thinking of field tripping more often! Just another 21 more weeks till I finish treatment!!! - Don't forget to comment below! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! I wanted to go to the zoo for months!

    ReplyDelete