Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hungry, Hungry, Michel.

Appetite can be funny when you're extremely hungry. When you're hungry and have a menu in front of you, your senses and taste buds go into overdrive. You feel compelled to order every appetizer that's deep fried or smothered in some sauce, have a steak or two as your entree, order a molten hot lava chocolate cake for dessert and of course wash it down with a Diet Coke to make yourself feel better. All in all, I'm glad to know my food binging habit remain intact. It's as if my hunger never left me, unlike my hair.

bld
bld
7450 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
www.bldrestaurant.com 

So where is my first food blog taking us today? A hidden West Los Angeles gem called "bld". From my understanding, bld is a acronym for breakfast, lunch, dinner. The location is prime LA status. Located on Beverly Blvd and a block away from the Grove, it truly is a divine place to dine. But what brings me back to bld is their consistency to dish out delicious food. Always scrumptious and never disappointing with whatever I choose to order. With all this in mind, I decided to call up my friend Christina who lives in Burbank up for breakfast at bld.

Sophisticated and chic
 The ambiance and decor at bld exude trendy, young, hipster atmosphere. It's definitely cute and polished but not to the point of annoyance. bld's crowd factor seems to match the hip decor as people use their Macbook Airs and iPads like a hip coffee shop.

French press coffee
Get $4 and start your morning off right with a cup of coffee. The coffee served at bld is in a French press manner. A plunger is pushed down onto the coffee beans to the bottom of the canister. This traps the coffee beans to the bottom of the French press and thus captures more of the flavor and essential oils. Coffee beans remain in direct contact with brewing water and releases that aromatic coffee flavor we all love! Starbucks is child's play compared to bld's coffee.

Brûléed grapefruit
 A sugary coated warm layer awaits our palates as we dive in. The sweetness of the sugar and the tart grapefruit bold so well together that you'd forget a grapefruit can be bitter. It's definitely a tease to the taste buds but its $5 price tag is too tasty to pass up!

Classic eggs Benedict
$14 will get poached eggs piled on top of a slices of ham and topped on a English muffins served with olive oil roasted fingerling potatoes. Savory and delectable, the eggs Benedict is a perfect entree for those that want a lighter lunch.

Blueberry ricotta pancakes
$13 will get you 2 above average size blueberry pancakes mixed with riotta cheese that helps maintain its body and hold moisture. The fluffiness of the batter, moist texture from the cheese and tart bite of the blueberry is sure to bring a smile to your face. Add some butter on top of these babies with maple syrup and you're having the ultimate food-gasm.

For a total of about $50 for breakfast, it's a sure bet that my appetite is not going anywhere. Despite the fact that I have cancer, undergoing chemo and may have other issues, food will never be neglected. That is the way of the ultimate foodie.

Sincerely,
Hungry, hungry, Michel.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Now I have to go and eat =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me hungry. Where are pics of the molten chocolate cake?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Peter I wanna see a piece of that molten cake? Lol I am so happy to hear you still have a "small" appetite ;)- hopefully one day soon we can go there together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could eat that much, everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we need to go on our date soon to eat lots! That food (especially the grapefruit) looks AMAZING!!!! Love you and I am so glad you are doing well!- Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to see you eating somewhat healthily and have the tenacity to drive that far for a benedict. keep up the good fight, always rooting for you.

    ~dzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those eggs look amazing!!! Made me hungry and challenged to replicate the eggs Benedict. You and your amazing metabolism I wish I could eat all that and not feel guilty. I also agree with everyone show the cake some of us don't even know what a molten cake is lol!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can attest for all the food in that blog and yes it was all amazing!! A few questions were going through my mind including, how the hell did they perfectly poach these eggs? and why do I not have more room in my stomach to eat all of this? Leave it to Michel to know where all the good stuff is on the west side! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm! Glad you're doing well and eating great! I'm starving let's go eat!

    Love,
    A-Shun =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those places look so good! I need to go be a foodie with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yumm! I've been there twice and loved it both times! You should try Cravings in sunset plaza, great dishes! We'll go when I'm done with this term, we're with Bato again.. Yikes! -_-

    ReplyDelete