Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Do You Know What It Takes?

Here we go. Another cycle of chemotherapy. Week two, the first day and I'm already feeling the pinch. This session made me think long and hard. Do you know what it takes for anyone, but more specifically me, to beat cancer? Determination, positive energy from myself/others, and the realization that I'm not fighting just for me. I'm fighting for my friends and most importantly my family.
Got to look fly during my chemo session.
These chemo sessions can be grueling especially when you're alone. I feel its best to always have someone with you. It helps keep your mind off chemo, pass the time and connects you with those who are with you even more. It may seem all hokey pokey to think chemo will connect you closer, but it does.
Jade playing with the iPad.
Entertaining ourselves with the
iPhone's Siri capability.
With moments like this, its best to always have people to keep you company. Even if the company is virtual such as playing online games like Word With Friends or Draw Something. (Shout out to @erikdanielsxxx and @brittanybinger for being those folks keeping me company in the virtual world!) Sitting there for chemotherapy alone for 4-5 hours is not recommended by me! - Don't forget to leave a comment! xxxo

3 comments:

  1. Michel, My prayers are with you! 20 weeks and counting...hi to Jade and Vivian!
    Karen Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  2. "only" 20 weeks! Sending good thoughts. Btw you look HOT! You should keep the no hair look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay positive! You have the right mind set. Keep it up. Ps. That bitch on the iPad needs to stop wearing my clothes! Lol

    ReplyDelete